Thursday, September 20, 2012

(KY)Store Owner Fires Gun At Robbers


PIKE COUNTY, Ky. (WSAZ) - Another convenience store robbery in Pike County, but this time the store owner fought back, firing four shots at the two would-be robbers.

The whole incident was caught on tape.

It happened Monday night at the Meta Mart in the Johns Creek community.

The store owner, Gary Thornsberry, said he wanted to take control of the situation and had been preparing himself for the moment.

"I've gone over it in my mind, and I've decided that I want the ball in my court," he said.

Thornsberry said he was in the office when two men entered the Meta Mart, at least one of them had a gun. When he heard the clerk call his name, he looked up at the surveillance monitor and saw what was happening.

Video and more here

No comments: