Sunday, November 13, 2011

FL: Seafood shop turns tables on bad guys: "The incident occurred at the Golden Crab House at 2808 Edgewood Ave. N. when two men entered the business and held a pistol to an employee’s face and demanded all the money on the premises, the store manager said on Saturday. According to police, the two men tried to rob the seafood shop about 6:30 p.m., but the business owner began shooting, hitting at least one of them. The men fled in a car and ended up at a home on West 18th Street near Detroit Street. “They fled here, which is the house they reside in. The car is behind the house,” police Lt. Rob Schoonover said Friday evening. “The body was taken from the car and put right in the house at the back door. He is lying right there in the door.” However, the crab shack manager said it wasn’t the owner who was held up or who did the shooting but an employee who had been confronted by the two bandits. That employee had armed himself after another armed robbery at the business three or four weeks ago, the manager said. City fire and rescue crews were called out to a report of someone with a gunshot wound at the home in the Biltmore area at 6:45 p.m., only to find the victim dead, according to a fire department spokesman."


NC: Intruder shot: "New Bern Police say around 12:38 a.m. officers were called to Arlington Circle for an attempted robbery. Once they arrived at the scene, they found 18-year-old Barry Antawne Wright Jr. dead from a gunshot wound. NewsChannel 12 spoke with Debbie, the woman living in the apartment that was broken into. She said "it was crazy" and appeared very shaken up. Neighbors said Debbie was home with another man named Eric and her two disabled sons when the home was broken into by three would-be robbers. The neighbor said Eric was protecting his family when he shot one of the alleged robbers."


OH: Woman Scares Off Sex Offender with Gun: "While stopping at a Wilbeth Road bank in Akron to make a deposit, Bennett says she was approached in the parking lot by a man who, at first, asked for directions. "By the time I was ready to get in my car, he was behind me and started hitting me, and pushed me into my car, and I tried to fight him off the best I could, but I knew he was overpowering me," said Bennett, whose .38 special was in the center console. "I kind of got my right hand behind me, and inside the center console, and got my hand on my gun. I pointed it at the floor originally, he had a hold of my arm, I said, 'I have a gun. Don't make me use it,' " Bennett told Fox 8 News. "He was trying to get himself in the car, and the passenger door was open, and I just reached out the passenger door and shot straight up in the air," she said. The shot chased the man away. A bank security officer then rushed outside and called police -- who took the suspect into custody on Arlington Avenue." The suspect was identified as 23-year-old Billy J. Covington, a registered sex offender"


U.S. Goes Public with Support for Hired Guns Against Piracy : "Somalia Report leaked the internal memo from Hillary Clinton directing all regional embassies to pitch the use of armed contractors on board ships. This is in line with and expands upon the UK’s approval of private security companies on just their ships. What also makes the U.S. stance unusual is that Clinton has reversed her aggressive election-era stance against the use of private security and become a behind-the-scenes supporter. A November news conference in DC confirms that the United States is now officially supporting the use of private security companies aboard commercial vessels. Andrew J. Shapiro, Assistant Secretary, Bureau of Political-Military Affairs was assigned the task of communicating this reversal while addressing the Defense Trade Advisory Group (DTAG)."

No comments: