Tuesday, November 24, 2009



FL: Teenaged Jailbreak Foiled By Armed Homeowner: "Two teenage criminals might have pulled off the perfect jailbreak in Osceola County, if it wasn’t for a homeowner with a gun. The kids successfully escaped from a juvenile detention facility on South Orange Blossom Trail near Kissimmee Wednesday afternoon and were running free, until they tried to hide in Brad Anderson’s shed. Anderson told Eyewitness News what he did when he found the juveniles. “They were trying to get me to let them go and I said, ‘No, you have to do your duty,’” he said. He didn’t show WFTV the gun, but the .380 semi-automatic Anderson was holding may have been more persuasive than his words. Anthony Bentley, 16, was previously charged with grand theft and burglary. Chase Swanson, 15, was charged with armed robbery and burglary. Brad Anderson walked the two teens over to a fence where he told them to stay put until he could flag down an officer. A sheriff’s deputy was there in just five minutes.“I told them life isn’t always easy you have to buckle down and earn your way through life,” Anderson said. Bentley and Swinson escaped by grabbing another teens’ dental retainer. Deputies say they threw it over the fence and told the owner if he helped lift the fence, he’d get his retainer back. The two teens climbed under the fence, threw back the retainer and kept going for three to four hours."




TN: Teenagers Try To Rob Armed Citizen: "A LaVergne man told police he believes two would-be robbers [above] followed him home. He became suspicious when he saw them drive up with no headlights and one of them come toward him with a gun. “He lifted up a firearm — it appeared to a chrome pistol of some sort — and he pointed it at me and demanded I take everything out of my pockets,” said the man, who did not want his name used. But what the potential offender didn’t know was the victim had his own gun and fired first. He had recently purchased the gun and was planning on practice shooting earlier that day. The two teens, 19-year-old Shane Singleton and 17-year-old Tevin Battle, were quickly arrested after neighbors called police because they heard gunshots. “They just happened to rob the wrong guy,” said LaVergne Police Chief Ted Boyd. “These suspects are lucky that they didn’t get shot.” Both are repeat offenders, and the 17-year-old was tried and convicted as an adult in Nashville for a similar crime."


Vicious stray dog shot: "I was out in my front yard when a large dog, a stray in my neighborhood, walked past my house. I didn’t think anything of the dog at the time, having seen the big fellow loping around the neighborhood since I moved in. A while later, I took my own dog, Sandy, out to do her business. The big stray came up, took one sniff, and then locked Sandy’s throat in a death grip. I ran to the house and grabbed a rake and proceeded to beat that stray soundly about the head and shoulders, it did no good. A neighbor ( the nice Latino next door) came to help with a metal pipe, but the stray just would not let go of Sandy’s throat. I had no choice. I went back into my house, retrieved my AMT 9mm Backup, returned to the front yard, where this altercation was going on, found a position where the round would not over-penetrate into Sandy, and fired a single hollowpoint round into the stray’s ribcage. I then called 911 to report the shooting. I have never fired a handgun at anything not made of paper in my life, but what else could I do?"


CA: Student expelled for having unloaded shotguns in truck … off campus: "The Willows Unified School District board of trustees has expelled a 16-year-old for having unloaded shotguns in his pickup parked just off the Willows High School campus. The board voted 4-0 Thursday to expel junior Gary Tudesko after the weapons were discovered via scent-sniffing dogs on Oct. 26. Board Vice President Alex Parisio abstained from the discussion and vote because he is related to Tudesko’s family. … Susan Parisio defended her son during the 105-minute public hearing at Willows Civic Center. She acknowledged that Tudesko was lazy for not storing the shotguns at home after a morning of bird hunting, but she questioned the district’s ability to enforce its policies off Willows High School property. ‘My son was not even parked on school property,’ Parisio said. Willows High Principal Mort Geivett said he believed off-campus parking around the school was under the school’s jurisdiction, in part because it is primarily used by students.” [Amazing arrogance]

No comments: