Tuesday, August 01, 2006



KY: Man accused of murder cleared: "A Floyd County man accused of murder is cleared after a grand jury did not hand down an indictment. Police say former Luv Homes Manager Mike Kirk shot and killed a man at the dealership in March of last year. Kirk claimed the man, Ronald Dillon, was breaking into the business. Kirk said Dillon told him he had a gun, but police didn't find a gun on Dillon after the shooting. The grand jury report says they think Kirk shot Dillon out of self-defense because he believed his life was in danger.


SC: Store owner fires gun for her safety: "Another dangerous encounter for the owners of a Hardeeville package store resulted in a gunshot Friday. It’s the second time in just over a month they had to fire. On June 19th, Greene’s Package Shop worker Herb Tolar was robbed at gunpoint and then fired at the man as he ran away. Back then, Tolar told WSAV, “I thought he was going to kill me. So I was going to kill him. I pursued him outside and I shot to kill. If I see him again, I will blow him away.” And now, the same store, which is on Highway 17 in Hardeeville was the site of another shooting. This time, it was the wife who fired. “They knew I meant business,” Florence Tolar said, as she remembered the Friday morning encounter. Her size and sweet demeanor don’t keep her from standing her ground. “I kept my position just in case those boys came out. I had every opportunity to shoot them,” she said. She chose to fire her gun at the floor as she was confronted by four young men who were fleeing from police Friday. It’s a choice she says could have easily turned fatal. "I had to make the decision,” she said. “And I'll tell you- if those boys would have been a little bit taller, a little bit bigger, I would have shot them. And I would have killed them.""

No comments: